Hello Everybody, At long last I am getting my blogging and vlogging act together and am working on my new site nadinebaggott.com. As soon as it's live I shall let you know as it will have links to Youtube, Twitter, TV and my writing. See you all soon and in the meantime you can find me on twitter @nadinebaggott as I'm happy to answer any beauty questions there X
Which Waterproof Make-Up Works?
I can guarantee that the minute sun shines This Morning will call upon me to come up with a way to test waterproof make-up. Yesterday that entailed twelve women in various states of undress from bikinis to mini macs to figure hugging t-shirts, a fireman, four outside showers and the popera group G4 (really, no kidding).
We put to the test four waterproof mascaras under outside showers for twenty seconds and then got the girls to really rub their eyes to check the lasting power.
- Rimmel 100 Waterproof Mascara £4.69, did really well did not smudge and, because it was so reasonably priced, scored 8 out of 10.
- Jemma Kidd Lasting Lash Tint Lash Colour £12, failed miserably to be honest and scored a poor 3 out of 10.
- Max Factor Lash Lift Waterproof Mascara £7.95, not only created va va voom lashes but stayed on through thick and thin and came out tops with a score of 9 out of 10.
- Mac Splashproof Lash £10, also created great lashes, lasted well and scored 8 out of 10.
So, all in all, waterproof mascaras work really well. Some clumped a little in the water but the Rimmel, Max Factor and Mac ones I would highly recommend.
We then moved on to waterproof and water resistant foundations. Now these really come in to their own if you work out, or have to look immaculately made up during a long, hot day in high humidity. My fab beauty panel of viewers tested these by being hosed down by hunky fireman Charlie for twenty seconds - and here are the results:
- Boots 17 Long Lasting Foundation £4.99, didn’t last well and smudged onto a towel so it scored a poor 4 out of 10.
- Estee Lauder Maximum Cover £21.50, gave a heavy coverage that lasted really well, but because it was so costly and it smudged scored 7 out of 10.
- Clinique Superfit Make-Up £17.50, lasted brilliantly, looked flattering and didn’t smudge and so scored 9 out of 10.
- Shu Uemura Protecting Water Resisting Foundation £20, looked wonderfully flattering on the skin, lasted well and didn’t smudge one bit and so came out tops at 10 out of 10.
Then G4 picked up their buckets of water and doused my final four models that each had on a different waterproof eyeshadow. The models then wiped at their eyes with cotton wool pads to see if the shadow came away.
- GOSH Waterproof Eyeshadow from Superdrug £5.99, lasted really well, didn’t smudge or smear and scored 9 out of 10.
- Bourjois Waterproof Eyeshadow £4.95, also performed really well, didn’t smudge or smear and scored 9 out of 10.
- Mavala Waterproof Silky Eyeshadow £10.50 only scored a little lower at 8 out of 10 because it cost so much.
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow £16, also did really well and scored 8 out of 10.
Overall the eyeshadows performed as well as the mascaras and I was truly impressed by every one of them. The foundations, with the exception of Clinique and Shu Uemura, did not perform that well but, as Fern said; in the end you don’t want your foundation to be too difficult to remove.
So now you know all you need to look good for the coming summer, no matter how hot or rainy it gets in the course of a day.